New Faculty Orientations
The Office of Faculty Development (OFD) hosts several events at the start of the academic year for new faculty. This includes:
- New Faculty Orientation for all new tenured/tenure-track faculty and non tenure-track faculty
- Welcome lunch for new tenured/tenure-track faculty
- Newly promoted associate professor lunch
New Faculty Orientation (NFO)
The OFD partners with the Center for Teaching Excellence to host a two-day New Faculty Orientation the week before classes start for all incoming faculty. The first day is an overview of the University and its resources and the second day focusses on teaching. At the Orientation, new faculty have the chance to meet many of the Rice administrators as well as faculty colleagues.
The Orientation is held the Tuesday and Wednesday of O-Week.
Presentations from New Faculty Orientation 201 - COMING SOON!!
- Human Resources/General Counsel's Office PPT Slides
- General Counsel Links from Presentation
- Public Affairs PPT
- Public Affairs Handout
- Dean of Undergraduates: Referral Guide for New Faculty
- College System at Rice PPT Slides
- Program in Writing and Communication PPT Slides
Additional Information/Resources from NFO 2018 - COMING SOON
- Human Resources Information
- Helpful links for new faculty (includes Rice info, voter registration info and driver's license/car registration info)
- Where to find offices at Rice
- Office of Information Technology
- Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations
- ENRICH Information