This one-day, interactive seminar, which is being offered by Rice’s Office of Proposal Development, will provide a high-level overview of the entire proposal development and proposal writing process. Topics to be covered include the following:
- Surveying the funding environment
- Understanding the proposal development process
- Identifying funding opportunities
- Creating a feasible proposal preparation schedule
- Employing effective project management techniques
- Developing strong proposal strategies
- Assessing the proposed project
- Writing the specific aims/project summary
- Developing the individual sections of the proposal
- Communicating your idea clearly and persuasively
- Revising and editing the proposal
- Preparing the budget and budget justification
- Understanding the review criteria and review process
- Conducting a mock review of a successful specific aims/project summary section
Don't miss this great opportunity to enhance your proposal writing skills!
Priority will be given to faculty, research scientists, and postdoctoral fellows, but graduate students may attend as space allows. Lunch will be provided.
To register, visit https://riceopd.wufoo.com/forms/z1bsph1w158neoz/.
Seating is limited, so early registration is encouraged. Registration closes at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 1, so that we will have time to order lunch for all seminar participants.
For additional information, please visit the Office of Proposal Development website at http://opd.rice.edu/.