You're invited to join faculty panelists from Engineering, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Music for a conversation about the role of video assignments in the curriculum. In addition to viewing sample assignments, screening student films, sharing assessment tools, and learning about campus centers that can support your students in video production, we will discuss how these assignments can be used to
- condense and synthesize course content,
- reshape academic knowledge for a broader audience,
- deepen understanding of disciplinary methods and theories through application,
- critique multimedia arguments,
- experiment with design-based approaches to problem-solving,
- develop materials for a professional dossier.
Wednesday, March 30
3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
Co-sponsored by the Center for Written, Oral, & Visual Communication (CWOVC) and the Digital Media Commons (DMC)